FAQ - Index
Frequently Asked Questions for Emperor. Click a category or question to go to the questions & answers.
Some questions & answers were submitted by Vovan.
- I find the intro movie annoying, can I turn it off?
- What are the minimum system requirements?
- Where can I download the demo?
- Upon installation, the game asks for a CD key, where do I find one?
- Why do my houses disappear a short while after I place them?
- My houses say the appeal of the area has to be increased. What does that mean and how do I increase it?
- Why can't I place elite housing?
- I place a farm, but it doesn't produce anything, it says the farmers have no fields to tend.
- I have a hunters tent, but no one's hunting any animals.
- Deliverymen from my farms just stay there saying they can't drop their loads.
- If a field is irrigated, the fertility doesn't change, is irrigation worth the trouble?
- My industries are at 100%, why does no deliveryman appear with the finished goods?
- My bronzeware maker doesn't work, but it has enough bronze. What's wrong?
- Deliverymen with goods stand idle by their buildings, what to do?
- I can't place a salt mine, where do I have to put them?
- My houses say they need food. How do I provide it to them?
- My houses need plain/appetizing food, what's that and how do I provide it?
- Traders don't sell anything to me.
- Traders don't buy anything from me.
- I have a warehouse getting goods and a trading station, disconnected from the rest of the city, but the trading station remains empty.
- My market square refuses to buy hemp/ceramics/whatever while it's in a nearby warehouse and my houses devolve. What's wrong?
- What is stockpiling? How do I 'unstockpile' goods?
- Most of my buildings collapse/catch fire, what can I do against that?
- I have lots of unrest in the city, what can I do?
- The safety tab keeps saying that city health is dropping, how do I improve city health?
- I sometimes see prettier versions of wells, watchtowers and inspector's towers, what's that?
- How do I collect taxes?
- A tax office is available, but I can't build it?
- The mission briefing told me I should build a mint/money printer, but I can't find those buildings?
- I have some copper on the map, and no Bronze Smelters. Is the Mint worthless?
- How do I get animals for my menagerie?
- I got a hero to capture an animal, but while he/she is bringing it to the palace, it gets killed by tower sentries/hunters!
- What benefit does a New Year's festival have?
- I find the popup I get every year to ask me if I want to hold a festival annoying, I just want to hold it every year!
- My elite houses want drama, but I can't build anything like a theatre?
Religion and Heroes
- How do I get a hero to my city?
- My city got hit by an earthquake/flood/drought. The message told me the ancestors were angry, how do I prevent this?
- I can't pay homage to a particular hero.
- My homage doesn't seem to have effect.
- How do I get blessings from heroes?
- How come I can't build any forts?
- How come I can't build more than 1 or 2 forts?
- How do I place a city gate?
- How do I place towers?
- I want a double thick wall, but I can't seem to build it.
- Those monuments take long to build, how do I speed it up?
- My tumulus isn't getting any burial goods!
- How do I start a multiplayer game?
- How do I chat with other players? Is there a built-in chat?
- I miss the little banners all the time, and have to ask the people to type their messages again. This is very annoying.
- I was playing a military game and I wanted to coordinate my actions with an ally. But the chat is for all players! How do we deal with that?
- I can't trade with other players in multiplayer. When I build a trading station, it says I can't sell anything!
- But the goods I am selling show up in red. And the traders are not buying anything.
- What does "random seed" mean?
- How can I win an Open Play mission?
The Empire Map
- How do I open trade with other cities?
- When I conquer a city, a month after I get the message they rebel! How do I prevent this?